He is one smart dude!
I know parents brag a lot about their own kids, but I’m sure mine has to be at the top of the smart cookies list! Here are four things that have happened recently that make me pretty certain you’ll also agree that God has created a special little monkey!
1) Four days ago, I taught him to raise his hand if I asked him, “Whose my baby? Raise your hand!” I only showed him about 5 times, and to this day, he still remembers it!
2) Today, we were singing “If You’re Happy” and he actually raised both arms in time when it came to the “Shout Hooray” part of one verse.
3) Also today, he was sitting in the bathtub and started to stand up. I said, in Chinese, “Sit down.” And he immediately did so!
4) And fourth event of the day: We were getting ready for bed, and I said, again in Chinese, “Go get a book.” He went straight for his section of the bookshelf, and picked out Hungry Caterpillar!
5) He loves my hairbrush. He picks it up every day and carries it around the house. Today, I showed him how to brush his hair with it, and right away, he learned and started to do it (with the non-bristly part, though!)
In other news, we now also know what his cry of fear sounds like. It’s terrifying. Kris put his hat on Kaeden yesterday – backwards. Kaeden was thrilled to have it on his head and walked around everywhere with it. Next thing we know, he’s screaming/crying. I guess somehow Little K started trying to take off the hat, and ended up with the whole hat covering his face, which terrified him! It was a funny sight to see, as it really wasn’t very traumatic for anyone but him. We tried to hold back the laughter.
May 31

No comments:
Post a Comment