Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Year Ago Today May 4 10:12 pm

It's hard to imagine that at the same time last year, we had no concept of what Dudicus was like. We didn't know he'd be so good-natured, so hilarious, so independent, so active and so loving and lovely.

I watched him in the playground this afternoon and my little dude was already letting me go to catch up to his little (well, to me only - they were all at least aged 3 or above!) friends.

From before he was born, my prayers have been that he would grow up following God's heart. As for me, I keep praying that my heart would be prepared to let him go, little by little, and that I would cherish the time when God has entrusted this child to us.

We've never been baby people and frankly, were worried that we wouldn't be able to love our little guy enough. While the miraculous events I was hoping would come with motherhood, like cooking and cleaning, never happened, the incredible "I never knew I could love someone this much" feelings did.
To our little Superman: We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment